For examples of previous work please see http://www.cannonyarder.com/category/competition/
HART Prize for Human Rights
The HART prize for Human Rights aims to:
- Raise awareness of conflict, poverty and human rights abuses amongst young people in the UK, particularly situations which are underrepresented in the mainstream media
- Encourage young people to examine and engage critically with human rights issues by conducting independent research, and producing written or creative pieces
- Invite new voices to contribute to HART’s communications.
There are two competitions running:
- Creative competition: The challenge is to produce a creative piece of work about the human rights or humanitarian situation in any of the countries in which HART works.
- Essay competition: Our essay competition encourages young people to research and write essays on a topic of their choice as long as it is related to one of the eight countries where HART works.